Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Friday 22 May 2009

Compare again

Stayed here for so long and I have learned a lot of new things. I am 70 percent into the UK’s culture.


Sandwich and Crisps

In UK, when you have sandwiches, you will definitely have a packet of crisps by your side. One bite of sandwich and one bite of crisps. It just goes hand in hand. These two items cannot be separated. So each time when I get a sandwich I will automatically grab a packet of crisps. It is a norm to all of us here. I usually buy sandwiches from Subway then to Tesco to buy crisps. I totally forgot about the crisps. After the sandwich, without the crisps, the meal was not complete.


Coke

In Malaysia, when you look at the menu under drinks you will realize something different. 1. Coke RM 2.50 2. Coke with Lemon RM 3.50. For one miserable quarter slice of lemon, cost RM 1. This is so ridiculous.

But in UK, when you order a coke, immediately there will be a piece of lemon in the glass. Most importantly, it is free.


Motorways and Tolls

In UK, highways are known as Motorways. My first journey by bus in UK was from Sheffield to Cambridge. On the motorway, there was no toll gate or rest house. So I thought maybe I missed it out because I was sleeping.

So I went to Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham by car. Same thing happen again. No tolls and rest house. Everyone can use the motorways for free. Unlike Malaysia, you have to pay tolls. There are also no rest houses along the motorways. So when you travel, don’t drink so much water. LoL!


Dogs and Cats

You can hardly, rarely and seldom find any stray dogs and cats on the roads, gardens, parks, alleys and anywhere. In Malaysia, “zhau kai dou hai gau gau mau mau”(read in Cantonese).

The dogs here all have tags. I seldom see cats in Sheffield. The people here like dogs more. Those dogs are well trained and well behaved. They don’t go barking around like a mad dog. Dogs here are smart. They can actually lead the blind people.

So cool, right?


Dinner and Tea

In Malaysia we call dinner as dinner. In UK, we call it as tea. The thing is we have lunch and dinner together in the afternoon and during the night we have tea. So sometimes I am a little confused. But I am starting to call dinner as my tea.


More to come. Stay tuned!


Love

phuisan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home