Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Wednesday 19 November 2008

Chinese food and Mandarin

It was half to 12 and the four of us were in the kitchen talking nonsense. Lauren, Nathan and Marc were asking about my Chinese name. So I told them the meaning. Lauren was asking what is smelly in mandarin because she always calls Nathan smelly. She calls herself “xiang” which means nice smell. Then Nate asked what is stupid which is “Ben”.


Then Nathan said something which sounds weird “woaini”. I took me awhile to interpret what he said. Then I said is it I Love You. He said yes and I taught him the right pronunciation. He even knows how to say “Wo Ta Ni” means I hit or beat you. Only both of us understand it and we started laughing. The rest of them think both of us are crazy.


Yesterday, Nathan and I were in the kitchen. He told me that he had some Chinese bread. He said it was deep fried bread. So I thought it was fried man tou. He said he ate it at Kwong Hing the Chinese supermarket. I don’t remember Kwong Hing selling fried man tou. Then I asked “It is double and is long?”. He said yes. Actually is not man tou but it is Yau Char Kwai. I told him that it goes with Bak Kut Teh.


He and Lauren were talking about dumpling. SO I thought they were talking about Chinese dumpling and I said we should add egg into the filling. He said “Vanessa, I am talking about English dumpling and you are talking about Chinese dumpling.” I was like..oh I got the wrong line. Hahaha.


Then he asked is it called wanton. I said yes. So both of us came to an agreement that he will make the English dumplings and I will make the Chinese dumplings. That is so great because I have not tried English dumplings before.


I am considering to make fried wanton and wanton soup. I can fry them because I have a deep fry machine.

Hahaha


Sounds crazy

Cheers

PhuiSaN


P/S: I can’t sleep so I decided to blog. Mr. Insomnia came back to stay with me. Welcome Home!

1 Comments:

Blogger *~leAjoo~* said...

hey gal..ur friend is funny la..i am laughing when i read the chinese bread :s tell them,yau char huay is not a bread ler :s

by the way,i think you should tell them that your chinese isn't fluent too :p

19 November 2008 at 16:42  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home