Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Sunday 2 November 2008

Social gathering at Jim’s House

Jim is my course leader and also the lecturer for Corporate Law and Strategy. He is a very nice man and invited us to his house to have a social gathering.


Refet and Devran cooked kebab for us. It was really delicious. It was much more better than the kebab I usually have at London Road. I didn’t want to go empty handed and it would be rude so I decided to cook fried rice I have no idea what to cook so decided to cook some Chinese food.


It was a great gathering. We were lucky because Jim’s daughter and son were at home. Jeanie who is Jim’s wife is very nice. They prepared some English food for us. They were generous with the alcoholic drinks. I drank a lot.


In Scotland, when someone pours alcohol for you, you are not supposed to say stop. You are supposed to say “Went”. I am not sure what the exact spelling is but it is pronounce as went.


Most of them stayed up till 4pm but Refet, Devran and I left at 5pm. It was really nice. When I see Jim’s family,

I feel homesick and start to think about home. I felt so warm because I fell like a happy family.


It was a great day.


Cheers

phuiSan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home