Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Wednesday 29 October 2008

Something different today

Student Rep of LLM Corporate Law and Strategy

Today I attended the Student Representative training organized by the Hallam Union. It was a short one. We were brief about the duty of the student rep, where we can get help and how to solve some student problems.

It is similar as becoming a course rep in TARC but it is more organized over here. We were given a bag each with a calendar and manual on Student Rep. During the training, we were asked to look at some case studies.



I couldn’t remember all the question but these are some of them:

· One girl said she got harassed by another student. She wants this to be brought up during the course committee meeting. What would you do or how you will handle this matter?

· There is a student who complains that the classroom is too cold in the afternoon and is too small to fit in everyone. What should you do?

Then they briefed us about Hallam Award which is very useful and can be use as a tool to beautify the resume. During the graduation, when they give out the Master Cert they will mention about the student involvement in Uni. I want that Hallam Award.

To me, this is a very good opportunity for me to meet up with other people and expose myself to the culture here. This is a good chance for me to improve my leadership skills. I won’t feel bored anymore.

Next aim is to be involved in the Faculty Rep. I want to be part of it. The Faculty Rep title seems nice and classy. Hahaha.

Cheers
phuisan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home