Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Sunday 2 November 2008

Chinese Food

Today I went to one of the Chinese sundry shops in Sheffield. The two Chinese shops are Tai Sun and Kwong Hing. I went to Tai Sun because I decided to learn how to take a bus from Moor Street back to Ecclesal road.



I bought some Chinese food that I used to eat at home. I really miss eating them. When I saw the fermented bean curd, it reminds me of my grandmum, ah poh. It is the Chinese version of cheese. Each time when we eat porridge, she would have the bean curd as a side dish. At first, I think it stinks. I tried it once and I immediately felt in love with it. My dad doesn’t like it and we always make fun of him each time we have porridge.


The next wonderful food I bought was the Chinese pickles. It goes very well with the porridge. It had been a long time since I eat it.


I wanted to buy black beans with fish which I call it “Tao Si Yu”. It is really delicious especially when you fried or steam it and served with hot porridge. For a can, it cost £2.79. I didn’t buy because it is too expensive. It is almost equivalent to RM17.08 for one miserable can.


I really miss those Sundays when my family will have porridge for lunch. Dad will normally cook the lunch. We will have fried fish, salted duck eggs and roasted pork fried with choy sum.


I am not sure where to buy the salted duck eggs. Hopefully I will get to find them soon. Then I can have a traditional Teo Cheow porridge in the winter time to keep me warm.


When I go back to Malaysia in March, I would probably buy loads of the tao si yu and Chinese pickles back to Sheffield.




Chinese Pickled Lettuce

Pickles Lettuce Fermented Beans Choy Po

Fermented Chili Bean Curd


Salted Eggs Tao Si Yu

pHuiSan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home