Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Reflective

Write your sad times in sand

Write your good times in stone

-George Bernard Shaw-


My mate shared with me about this phrase. After reading and digesting it, I realize that it actually make sense. I believe that most of us prefer our sad memories to just fade away as if nothing had happened. When you write the sad things on the sand, with a splash of sea water, the sad memories will be washed away. From then on, the sad memories are gone. Some might think that it works for them but it doesn’t work for some. The water can actually wash away the writing on the sand but it cannot wash away the words or happenings from your memory. So in the end, the sad times will still remain intact to your heart.


Write your good times in stone. This is one of the way keep the good times with you because once you write it on the stones it will remain forever and it will not fade away. Humans tend to keep all the good times in their heart because it will make them cherish every moment that they have.


In reality there is no such thing as good times. You must work very hard in order to have good times. Those obstacles and challenges you go through, you will consider it as sad memories but sad times is the one that make you to have good times. There is no such thing as one shot and you will be happy. I will consider those obstacles as good times.


I do agree that sad memories do actually make you grow. You will pre warn yourself that you will never let it happen again so that you wouldn’t hurt yourself or anyone.


For example, one of the reasons why I still cannot let go of him is because there are too many good times that we used to have together. When I think of the good memories, I just can’t hold back my tears and will hope that things would be better. On the other hand, I want to remain single and don’t want to be involved with any guys because I tell myself that I wouldn’t want to hurt anyone again. So sad times actually make me grow.


We cannot control the good and sad times. Love it or Hate it. This will all happen eventually. You can’t throw it away or ignore it. You will just have to go through it and by the end of the day you will realize that it is worth going through the sad times before enjoying the good times.


By the way, the best to keep a good memory is to take a photo of the good times. When you feel sad, hold the picture close to your heart. It works.


Love

ps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home