Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Sunday 12 April 2009

Worst Nightmare!


I have been praising how good and excellent the public transport in UK. I really salute their system and I think it is freaking efficient and systematic. Each time I meet any Malaysians I will boast about the efficiency and effectiveness of public transports in the UK. If there is world ranking, I think the public transportation in Malaysia would probably rank the last. Whoever is the new transportation minister should revise the transportation system in Malaysia.


During my holidays in KL, I took the rapid KL bus from KL sentral to go back to Taman desa. The funny thing was I wasn’t sure how much to pay and which bus to take. I called my sis and asked her about it. She told me U12. Then I waited and it was drizzling. I saw a bus U72 TAMAN DESA. I got so worried and immediately called my sis to ask about the bus again. Fine, it was U72! The fare was RM2 and I find it freaking expensive! They don’t even Q. In UK, we have to Q up. When we get down, we have to say thank you! The Malaysian doesn’t do it.


The bus was pack like sardine and hot like char siew pau. I really cannot stand it. I was quite scared because everyone was leaning on each other and there were so many “foreigners” in the bus. I tried to stand as far as possible. Another unexpected mistake, I jump off at the wrong bus stop! Guess what, I said thank you to the driver!


If you are a Malaysian staying in UK and if you miss the coach or train, then you have to blame yourself. You cannot blame their service. This is because they are extremely and I mean it EXTREMELY punctual. If it is 11.11 am then it is 11.11am.


Let me tell you about my experience. It happened at the same train station The St Panras International Station and destination is from London to Sheffield. (Ms geh, if you are reading this, you must be laughing! You will say “phuisan, I reminded you before you left KL, Jangan Main Lagi”)


The first time was we almost miss the train because of some unforeseen circumstances. It was our mistake. We were lucky that time because when I booked the train ticket I reserved the seat. So we didn’t have to stand with our luggage.


The second time was that day when I came back from KL. I didn’t reserve any seats because the ticket is any day time single. So I thought it is a weekday and not many will be travelling. I totally forgot about Easter Holiday. So I had to stand throughout my journey back to Sheffield for two and the half hours. I was standing at the compartment between the carriages with about 8 other fellas. It was so humid and I was so frustrated.


What a nightmare for me! I was so relieved when the train arrived in Sheffield!


Lesson: Reserved seats and be punctual!


Love

PhUISaN



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i am reading.... hillarious... rmber our travel partner who stood guarding our luggages, and we split, PS go east to settle tickets, MsG go west to settle octopus card (mission fail pulak).... sweet memories!

13 April 2009 at 00:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home