Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Sunday 28 December 2008

FaMiLy

One of the disadvantages of staying here is being far away from your family members. Sometimes I wish I could fly back every weekend to see my family. I know it is impossible. At least I have a cousin brother here. Though we are just separated by one hour train journey, we seldom see each other. We only met each other for three times for the past six months.


The first time is when I first came to UK in June. It was fun because this is the first time we met after two and the half years. The second time was not a pleasant one. He came to Sheffield to convince me to stay back and pursue my Masters. The third time was the best which was a few days back.


I celebrated my Christmas with him and his mate. I really enjoyed myself. He paid for all the meals so I decided to treat him and Carrick a movie. I paid for the movie as a sign of gratitude. On the day I left, he walked me down to the platform and ensures that I get up to the train and get a good seat. When I bid goodbye to him, I was crying silently in my heart. It wasn’t easy. I kept thinking about the fun time we had and the things that we did together.


For some personal reasons, I didn’t expect myself to sit down together with him to have a dinner or even go shopping together. It doesn’t matter what had happened in the past, as long as we have the blood connection, we are always a family. I learned a lot from him especially his strong determination.


He is the one who made me stay here. Without his persuasion I would probably be back in Malaysia grumbling about work and wages. We talked a lot about the past and the future. He even offered me to stay at his place when my room contract ends. He said that if I want to move down to Birmingham next year, then he will get a house so that both of us and my brother can stay together. I was really touched.


Just want you all to know that family is very important to us. No matter how busy you are with your work or boyfriend or girlfriend, family always come first. Spend some time with your family during the weekends or try to allocate some time to go home for dinner. Don’t wait till they are gone, and then only realize that you have actually neglected them when they were here.


I can’t wait to see my family soon in January. I would probably be crying when I see them. Please appreciate what you have around you especially your loved ones. Now I realize that I had neglected my family when I was in KL. I spend most of my time studying and think that study is the most important. I didn’t grab the opportunity to sit down with my parents and talk to them. I miss my sister so much. Her results will be out soon and I wouldn’t be by her side when she receives her result. I feel so useless.


Please do something before is too late. I love you.


Cheers

PhuiSan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home