Phuisan's Life

A blog which will drive your worries, sadness and stress away. Have fun reading. This is the best way for me to update you with my life!

Saturday 6 December 2008

A COMPLETE CONTAMINATED ACCOUNTANT

I haven’t been blogging lately because there is so much to think, to settle and obviously the amount of work loads I have.


My agent text me in the morning asking me whether I want to extend my rental contract for another year up to June 2010. Gosh, I only stayed here for 3 months and now you are asking me whether I want to extend or not. He said that there are two people who are interested in the room. I told him that I couldn’t decide now. I was in a mess and all I want is to talk to my dad. My dad said it is up to me to decide.


I am a grown up girl now. Not girl but semi adult. I wasn’t sure what my plan is. Continue to stay here until they kick me out or stay here to avoid the problems that I faced in Malaysia? I am so undecided. To stay or not to stay? I have to consider so many factors especially recession and unemployment.


My dad asked me a very good question yesterday. “Gal, where do you plan to take your last paper and when do you want to take it?” Isn’t this a good question? He said that he wants me to finish it ASAP and no more delay since it is just one paper left. He is afraid that I will lose interest in studying ACCA and will not be interested in completing the last paper. He said “You might think of not doing ACCA anymore since you already have Masters in Corporate Law”. I tried my very best to assured him that I will complete the last paper and I am not that stupid to give up on ACCA since I have come so far and passed 4 papers in a go.


Dad suggested that I should take up tax. I said that if I take tax then I will have to go back to Malaysia to attend class since I have missed out a lot and I have not been updating myself with the latest tax development in Malaysia. All I know is that there is no more S108 and we are using single tier system. I told him that it is not easy to pass the tax paper. I told him that I will take APM because I think it is easy to pass and for the sake of finishing ACCA. He said that tax will have more market and there is a very high demand for tax practitioner. I promised that after completing the last paper, I take the tax paper provided ACCA allow me to do so. He keeps insisting that I go back to attend class and take the last paper then only go back to UK.


I don’t feel like taking APM but I think I can pass the paper provided transfer pricing is an optional question. It will be fine. It is all about strategy. I am really interested in tax because I think audit and tax work well together. What should I do?


I will wait till Ms Geh comes and ask her about it. I don’t want to think about it now because I want to concentrate on Law first.


The title for this post is A Complete Contaminated Accountant. My sis thinks of it. Isn’t it cool? My family laughs when she came up with this. It is supposed to be Association of Chartered Certified Accountant. Thanks sis for cheering us up with this statement. I think we are all contaminated with accounting blood. I miss you, Kei.


Cheers

phuiSan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home